Bonus! 5 Newsletter Additions.
Healthy corn plants in Malawi.
Welcome new visitors and long-time readers.
The SIA Fall/Winter Newsletters are on their way to you this week! There was too much good stuff for the amount of space in the newsletter, so this post is a newsletter bonus supplement.
(If you want to get a sneak peak at the newsletter, you can download the full color PDF here.)
Inside the 2012 SIA Fall Newsletter:
1. Our pay-it-forwad “Sharing the Gift” program is featured prominently throughout the newsletter (pages 1, 2, 3, & 8). The sentiment behind the program is perfectly expressed in this quote from Amelia Earhart:
“A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves.”
2. Page 3 has an article about the MAVISALO Soccer Tournament (plus HIV-prevention presentation) in Malawi and mentions some Malawian soccer chants. Read about their great, creative soccer chants: http://www.mwnation.com/sports-the-nation/sports-extra/8807-malawi-football-befriends-music
3. So many good photos! Here is another photo from the MAVISALO poultry project (Page 1). You can see more photos from our visit to Manyamula Village in Malawi on our Flickr photo site.
Canaan Gondwe tends the MAVISALO chickens in their cooperative’s poultry house.
4. Page 8 highlights a program helping women in Meru, Kenya collect clean water. You can read about this community organization’s philosophy of service as told to me by CIFORD’s director, Margaret Ikiara.
5. “Best of” On Page 3 I list the top 5 blog posts from the last six months. Here are the links to these popular posts:
Why I Serve (June 26)
If You’re Happy and You Know It (April 10)
The Benefits of Micro-Savings(May 22)
P.S. If you want to join our Dreamer’s Circle by donating regularly to SIA, you can set up online monthly donations here. Thank you!