Wisdom from Del: Grow younger!
Spirit in Action’s Founder, Del Anderson, was 90 years old when he formed SIA. He lived with a clear mind and loving heart until the age of 102!
Reverse the Trend! Grow Younger
1. Keep before you the simple truth that you were given life by the Creative Spirit we call God. Your brain – your entire body – was formed and is being sustained by this Creative Spirit.
2. Present with you all the time, the Creative Spirit keeps your heart beating and does the countless things for you which you cannot do for yourself. This includes keeping open the lines of communication between your brain and the rest of you, so that you may thing straight, talk straights, and act straight.
3. The wisdom, power, love, and joy of the Creative Spirit are available to you all the time. For you not to make conscious use of these blessings is like living in poverty unaware that a priceless estate awaits your claim.
4. When you get your little self out of the way, these blessings are free to enter. They start reversing the trend. You begin growing younger. This will be noticeable to you and to others. With the Creative Spirit as your Partner, all things are possible.
5. To get yourself out of God’s way, to make yourself an “agent and instrument of divine Providence” (Lincoln’s words), recognize: With every breath I take – out and in – starts the simple practice of breathing out ego, breathing in God.
6. Your Creative Spirit Partner will guide you in your treatment of every person you meet. Each will observe the radiance in your face, reflecting the presence of your Partner. Because you have found your place in God, some will surely feel inspired and helped.
7. The body your Creator-Partner made for you deserves care and respect. When you open yourself to your Partner’s guidance, you will choose foods as close to their natural state as possible. Your Creator-Partner has placed in these foods the very elements needed to replenish your body, to insure its health and vigor.
8. In all things, your desire will be to have your Creative Spirit Partner rule your life, confident that the Supreme intelligence knows what is best for you.
9. The world around you will lose much of its influence and control over you. People about you may continue to crack in their mid-forties and early fifties, but with your new understanding you will grow younger.
Grow younger with me! The best is yet to be, The last of life, For which the first was made. Our times are in His hand, Who to be man’s Partner planned. Who can reverse life’s trend Blessed younger years to lend. — A poem by Robert Browning, modified by Del
10. Make this your motto: Mind over matter, Spirit over both.